Can a company disturb the peace?

Asked about 4 years ago - Flint, MI

Well Comcast has had a generator going by our house for almost 5 days. It is very loud so, its hard to sleep at nights or even hear the tv or study for an exam. Is that legal for them to have that going for such a long time or even longer?

1. Eric Lechtzin

Answered . There are laws against creating a public nuisance, including noise polution. Start by calling Comcast and requesting that they do something about the generator so that you can sleep at night.

If this answer helpful, please give me a thumbs up review below.

Disclaimer: My answer provides information about the law based on the limited information provided in the questions asked and is not intended to provide legal advice or opinions, and does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. The law differs in each jurisdiction and may be interpreted or applied differently depending on the jurisdiction or situation. Accordingly, I highly recommend that you consult with an attorney to discuss the details of your problem so you can get legal advice tailored to your particular circumstances.