Can a company charge my bank account to renew a yearly service without warning me or giving me the option to decline?

Albertville, MN |

Last year I subscribed to Darkstar Communication's ventrilo service (online vocal communication). I did not intend to renew it this year, however I am being charged for yearly renewal anyway. I contacted Darkstar and asked them to cancel the transaction and terminate my account. However they referred me to the fine print on their order screen, which says that I must cancel 24 hours in advance of renewal. There was no notice that this event was upcoming, just an email after it occurred. Am I "stuck" with this service and the fee, or could I contest this? Thank you.

The "fine print" is a binding contract. You're almost certainly "stuck"

Disclaimer: This answer is provided as a public service and as a general response to a general question, it is not meant, and should not be relied upon as specific legal advice, nor does it create an attorney-client relationship.

Business topics

Recommended articles about Business