Can a collection agency prevent me from getting my driver's license? The court agreed to reinstate with SR 22 DMV wouldn't do

Asked over 2 years ago - Burlingame, CA

My license was revoked in another county. The Court there told me to fill out an SR22 form and present it to the DMV. DMV would not reinstate my license because I owe $15,000. to Alliance One Collection Agency. Alliance One will only allow me to make payments of $800.00 per month, no less. This is virtually impossible for me.

1. Andy I Chen

Answered . How did you come to owe the money that Alliance One is alleging you owe? The only situation I can think of offhand in which a typical debt would involve the DMV is if it stemmed from a car accident. In other words, the debt arises out of something you did with your car.

The type of debt Alliance is trying to collect will determine what they can do and what options you have open to you.

You may call me to discuss this if you wish. 650-735-2436

Andy