Can a clinic release information to my place of work if I haven't signed release to the clinic .

South Saint Paul, MN |

tricked at work into signing a release , but didn't sign one at clinic

Whoever has the Release can get the information. That is what RELEASE means, and why you need to read it before you sign it. You can tell the Clinic to not honor the Release any longer, but if they already got the information, it is not the Clinic's problem.

We offer general concepts, but you should give ALL your facts to a licensed Attorney in your state before you RELY upon any legal advice.

Yes if work gave the clinic a copy of what you signed.

I agree with my colleagues answers. I would only add the further explanation that whenever you claim an injury, generally, you are placing your physical condition into question and effectively relinquishing any right to privacy concerning medical records related to the injury. In most states, whenever an employer or its workers compensation carrier pays for care relative to a work injury, they are entitled to secure copies of your medical records, by statute, irrespective of whether you sign anything.

If you were injured at work, I strongly suggest that you secure experienced legal representation to make certain that you know your options and that you receive all benefits to which you are rightly entitled.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate by clicking the up icon. Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Candiano is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Links: ccandiano@themargolisfirm.com http://www.themargolisfirm.com

Civil rights topics