Can a claim against an International hotel be litigated in the US if the hotel is is owned by an American Company?

Pittsburgh, PA |

Can a personal injury claim against Le Meridien hotel in Amman Jordan be litigated in the US because the hotel is is owned by Starwood an American Company?

1. Why not?

Thomas Kenny tkenny@kmkmlaw.com 2152668544 Specific legal advice can only be given with full knowledge of all of the facts and circumstances of your situation. Posting a question on this website does not create an attorney-client relationship. All questions you post will be available to the public; do not include confidential information in your question. If you would like to consult with me privately, you may do so.

2. Yes.

The above answer is for information only; and does NOT constitute legal advice. This answer does not constitute, nor does it create, an attorney-client relationship between KaplunMarx, PLLC, Theodor Kapun and any receiver. The information provided on these pages is general only, and you should not act upon this information without consulting with a qualified attorney.

3. Don't even think about doing this without an attorney. Starwood has many layers and different companies that you need to cut through to get to first base.

4. Ownership structures can be complicated and there will be a forum non conveniens challenge.

If you want to discuss please email me at mmyers@myers-company.com or call on my mobile: (206) 714-1421. Thanks.

5. Depends on the corporate structure