Can a citation stop a 14 year old child getting a green card?

Asked over 1 year ago - San Francisco, CA

Child on non immigrant L2 visa, gets a citation from school police officer for him and group of peers playing with fire crackers. Can this stop this child getting a green card to this citation being Juvenile delinquency record. Other than this totally clean record in the US and abroad.

1. Irene Vaisman

8

Best Answer

Answered . It should not, but must be disclosed on the I-485 and whenever ready to file it, give the certified criminal disposition to the attorney working on the case for final advice

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  2. Haroen Calehr

Pro

7

Answered . very unlikely but do not fail to disclose on green card application (I-485).

3. Inara Khashmati

Pro

5

Answered . unlikely, but speak to an attorney in your state in person. good luck!

4. Shachar S. Malachovsky

5

Answered . It really depends on the exact code of how the case was disposed of but it sounds like it will not stop his green card. He will need a certified disposition and he must disclose it on his adjustment application. I would urge you to consult with an experienced immigration attorney to review the citation and disposition before filing.

5. Tripti Sharad Sharma

3

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. Discuss your case with a competent immigration attorney.