Can a citation stop a 14 year old child getting a green card?

San Francisco, CA |

Child on non immigrant L2 visa, gets a citation from school police officer for him and group of peers playing with fire crackers. Can this stop this child getting a green card to this citation being Juvenile delinquency record. Other than this totally clean record in the US and abroad.

It should not, but must be disclosed on the I-485 and whenever ready to file it, give the certified criminal disposition to the attorney working on the case for final advice

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

2. unlikely, but speak to an attorney in your state in person. good luck!

3. very unlikely but do not fail to disclose on green card application (I-485).

4. It really depends on the exact code of how the case was disposed of but it sounds like it will not stop his green card. He will need a certified disposition and he must disclose it on his adjustment application. I would urge you to consult with an experienced immigration attorney to review the citation and disposition before filing.

DISCLAIMER: The information you obtained in this answer is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice and it should not be construed as a formation of a client-attorney relationship or legal representation, which can only occur after the execution of a formal engagement letter or retainer agreement. For a FREE Consultation call (212) 804-5770 or visit us at www.StatusImmigration.com

5. I agree with my colleagues. Discuss your case with a competent immigration attorney.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 to schedule a consultation.