Can a child pick to live with a grand parent over there mother.

Asked over 1 year ago - Tulsa, OK

12year old boy raised by father for 11yrs, mother seen him twice in 9yrs. father unable to care for child due to injuries and legal troubles. dhs has had child with paternal grandparents for over a year. mother is now wanting child. child wants to stay with grandparents if not able to live with his Father, can he decide.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Howard M Lewis


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . Tough case, the biological mother has rights over the grandparents but since she has not seen the child only twice in 9 years you can make a strong argument that the grandparents petition the court for guardianship, please work with a local attorney he or she will protect you.

    Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to... more

Related Topics

Child Custody

Child custody involves decisions about who will be responsible for a child, including parental rights, for both married and unmarried parents, and adoptions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,291 answers this week

2,744 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,291 answers this week

2,744 attorneys answering