Can a CG active in 1995 with 18 yr , 02 mo , 13 days be discharged for Convenience of Government IAW MOR C 12 . G . 3 ?

Asked about 1 year ago - Oviedo, FL

In 1995 the CG first applied the High Year Tenure , at time there was no advancement in my rate , at no point I was counseled that I could have requested to be retired two months before been discharges , given a JBC SPD code , RE - R .

1. William Emil Cassara

Pro

3

Answered . I don't think there is enough information here to answer your question. Your best bet is to have someone review the discharge paperwork to give you a more complete answer. It is unclear if you came on active duty in 1995 and are currently being discharged or were discharged in 1995.

2. Gerald Richard Healy

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with my colleague. Any military attorney is going to need more information to give you general (or specific) counsel on your matter. What I can tell you is the forum in which to make changes to your characterization of service or reenlistment code is a military review board. All military attorneys who regularly post on this forum have experience with discharge review boards. Call if you would like a free consult. v/r Gerry

3. Philip Douglas Cave

Pro

Answered . This may be part of the question/answer.
    Over the years the Service's have had a "rule" that once you are in the 18 year plus window, you will be allowed to stay on active duty to make a 20-year retirement. However, that rule - "of special consideration" is discretionary only.
    Give Mr. Cassara a call.

4. Rixon Charles Rafter III

Answered . Short answer is 'yes'--an individual such as you described CAN be discharged for HYT and COG.

As other attorneys have noted, your specific situation would require a bit more detail and review.