Can a casino be sued for injuries or liability that caused brain damage?

Vicksburg, MS |

A friend of mine was at the casino when she suffered a heart attack. She was given chest compressions but no CPR was adminstered. This caused her signficant brain damage, and has left her in a vegetative state.

1. Possibly, we need more facts though. You need a personal injury attorney immediately.

My standard disclaimer: I am not offering legal advice or services, assume all of my advice is completely incorrect, assume I do not know the law in your state and assume that I am just making suggestions for starting points for when you do speak with an attorney. Do NOT rely on anything I write and contact a lawyer in your area immediately after reading my posting.

2. Your facts were not very specific, but you did say that chest compressions were given, that is part or CPR as far as I know, but then again, I have not been a nurse in over 12 years so perhaps the standards have change. My question would be, what did the casino do wrong? I don't think that they are required to administer CPR to any one, unless they have healthcare personnel for that reason and they failed to perform as required. Nevertheless, without more details I would only recommend that you contact an attorney in your area.