Can a Car Title Loan Negotiate?

Asked about 1 year ago - Manvel, TX

I have a title loan that I have been paying towards for over a year. Loan amount was $2000, I have paid back over $4100 and the loan company is saying I still owe $2300. Is there anything else I can do to negotiate that the loan has been paid off. I feel like I am never going to pay this loan off. I really need a Lawyer to look over my contract.

1. Becky Pham Tran

Answered . You should bring your loan documents and purchase agreement to an attorney for his/her review. You should also provide the attorney with an accounting of all the payments that you have made over the past year. Once the attorney reviews your documents, he or she should be able to advise you accordingly on what you should do.

If you are late on your payments every month, it could very well be that the lender assessed late charges against you so it is important that you let the attorney know your payment schedule. Good luck!