Can a car title loan company charge a over 700 dollars in interest on a 1000 title loan including car fee,late & repo fees?

Kissimmee, FL |

They told me it is legal but the florida statue says different on charging anything over 30% and they cant charge any other fees. help!

1. You need to consult with a consumer advocate attorney ASAP! Title loan lenders are notorious for exceeding the limits on legal rates and fees, and it is impossible to tell if you have a claim against the lender until all of the documents and charges are reviewed by an attorney.

You can find one here: www.naca.net or view my profile on Avvo.

I am an attorney who is only licensed in the State of Florida. My answer is general legal advice based upon what I perceive your question to be, and should not be relied upon because every person's facts and circumstances are unique, and because specific laws vary from state to state. To completely evaluate a legal issue requires reviewing and evaluating all relevant facts, applicable laws and other information. My answer does not create an attorney-client relationship, and offered for informational purposes only.

2. I agree with my colleague. Please consult a local attorney as soon as possible to protect your rights.

Sincerely,

Felipe Fulgencio, Esq.
    Fulgencio Law | Hyde Park, Tampa, FL