Can a car rental sue me for non-rental payment?

Jacksonville, FL |

I rented a car through Expedia and Advantage Rent-A Car on 1/24 and I returned on 1/28. I showed them my Debit Card and the Agent told me that they will hold $200 (I was OK with that). When I returned the car, they told me that because my credit history I could not pay with the Debit ( I do have sufficient funds to cover for my rental). I have been calling to speak with the Manager everyday and he has not returned my calls. What can I do (they won't take my cash)

They have not done anything yet, but I will keep calling. Thanks for the answer, I am just trying to be ready and YES, they will not accept my cash....just because I don't have good credit (it does not make sense)

If I'm reading this right, the rental company will not accept payment either by Debit Card or Cash? If they sue you you can pay your judgment with your debit, cash or a combination of the both.

-Michael R. Juarez Law Office of Juarez and Schaeffer PO Box 16216 San Diego, CA 92105 (619) 804-4327 This posting is provided for “information purposes” only and should not be relied upon as "legal advice." Nothing transmitted from this posting constitutes the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. Applicability of the legal principles discussed here may differ substantially in individual situations or in different jurisdictions.

I highly doubt they will sue you over $200.00 as the costs in bringing a suit for that amount far exceed the benefits.

If you can pay, then there is no basis for the suit. Have you sent them a check?

Note: The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.

Landlord-tenant topics

Recommended articles about Landlord-tenant