Can a car rental sue me for non-rental payment?

Asked over 1 year ago - Jacksonville, FL

I rented a car through Expedia and Advantage Rent-A Car on 1/24 and I returned on 1/28. I showed them my Debit Card and the Agent told me that they will hold $200 (I was OK with that). When I returned the car, they told me that because my credit history I could not pay with the Debit ( I do have sufficient funds to cover for my rental). I have been calling to speak with the Manager everyday and he has not returned my calls. What can I do (they won't take my cash)

They have not done anything yet, but I will keep calling. Thanks for the answer, I am just trying to be ready and YES, they will not accept my cash....just because I don't have good credit (it does not make sense)

1. Aaron James Irving

Pro

Answered . I highly doubt they will sue you over $200.00 as the costs in bringing a suit for that amount far exceed the benefits.

If you can pay, then there is no basis for the suit. Have you sent them a check?

www.IrvingReillyLaw.com

2. Michael Ryan Juarez

Answered . If I'm reading this right, the rental company will not accept payment either by Debit Card or Cash? If they sue you you can pay your judgment with your debit, cash or a combination of the both.