Can a car dealer take the car back after taking in a car in trade and having us sign a contract?

Bergenfield, NJ |

A car dealer paid off our tradeand took possesion of the car. We signed a contract for the new car and have had it in our possesion for a month. Dealer called today and said their is an issue with the financing through the bank and want the car back. Can they take the newer car I have back after we signed a contract which stated the montly payments and the interest rate? If they can take it back what about the car I traded in can I get that back?

It is impossible to properly answer this question without reading the papers that you signed.
You should take the papers to a lawyer and have the lawyer review them.

If this answer was helpful, please mark it as helpful or as a best answer. This answer is for general education purposes only. It neither creates an attorney-client relationship nor provides legal guidance or advice. The answer is based on the limited information provided and the answer might be different had additional information been provided. You should consult an attorney.

Lemon law topics