Can a buyer backout of a Real Estate Contract?

Hugoton, KS |

I sold my home and closing is 2 days away. The buyer has Financing in place. The inspection showed no major damage and everything is ready to sign. The shingles on the roof of the house are a little loose, but the inspection showed they were not leaking. I ahve had a roofing company come to fix the roof but the buyer insistes on me replaing it. Can he back out for this reason. The finance company said it wasent a issue to finance it and the insurace company said they would insure it.

Based only upon the information that you provided, he should not be allowed to back out. However, you should speak to your closing attorney to see if there are any facts that you are not aware of.

Peter J. Lamont, Esq. Law Offices of Peter J. Lamont 623 Lafayette Avenue, Suite 2, Hawthorne, NJ 07506 Phone: (973) 949-3770 Fax: (866) 603-0471 Toll Free: (855) NJLAW01 (855) 655-2901 Additional Offices in Massapequa, NY, Monument, CO, San Juan, PR and affiliates throughout the country. PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are provided for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice. Transmission of the information is not intended to create, and the receipt does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship between sender and receiver. You should not act or rely on any information contained on this site without first seeking the advice of an attorney.

Recommended articles about Real estate