Can a buyer backout of a Real Estate Contract?

Asked over 2 years ago - Hugoton, KS

I sold my home and closing is 2 days away. The buyer has Financing in place. The inspection showed no major damage and everything is ready to sign. The shingles on the roof of the house are a little loose, but the inspection showed they were not leaking. I ahve had a roofing company come to fix the roof but the buyer insistes on me replaing it. Can he back out for this reason. The finance company said it wasent a issue to finance it and the insurace company said they would insure it.

1. Peter Joseph Lamont

Pro

Answered . Based only upon the information that you provided, he should not be allowed to back out. However, you should speak to your closing attorney to see if there are any facts that you are not aware of.