Can a braininjury or TBI show up many years later from a serious accident?

Asked over 3 years ago - Dallas, TX

Age 21 head on collusion.Many injuries. Cannot remember the accident. Now in my 40's noticing
memory loss, concentration,
remembering names, forgetting what i read, etc....could this be a sign of
just getting older or a brain injury
or TBI? Can any tests be ran?
Thank you. lauriekash@yahoo.com

Pro

Answered . Please see a doctor right away to find out what is wrong.

Click on the name of the lawyer answering your question to see their profile, and then you can click the view website tab to find out detailed information on your personal injury topic. The information provided on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

2. Andrew Daniel Myers

Answered . You need to obtain medical help right away to get a diagnosis and treatment. Unfortunately, the statute of limitations on the car accident case has long since expired. I am sorry to be the one to give you this bad news.

Personal injury attorneys nearly always give a free initial consultation.

The insurance industry’s own statistics indicate that once an attorney becomes involved, the value of any claim at least doubles.

Put those two facts together and it is in your best interest to retain experienced legal counsel at your earliest possible convenience.

I truly wish you the best.

If you find my answer helpful, please click the ‘thumbs-up’ tab below. Thank you.

This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice. Laws vary widely from state to state. You should rely only on the advice given to you during a personal consultation by a local attorney who is thoroughly familiar with state laws and the area of practice in which your concern lies. In the event that you have follow up questions, please post them directly on this site. This does not create an attorney-client relationship and the attorney does not read unsolicited emails. Thank You.

3. Jeffrey Mark Adams

Answered . Brain injuries can manifest, become worse, over time. I would strongly suggest that you contact a physician and, at a minimum, do some research online. You probably have no lawsuit because of a statute of limitation - time to file a lawsuit - requirement. Sorry.