CAN A BIL COLLECTOR ISSUE A WARENT FOR A CECK 7 YRS AGO. THE ATTORNEY THEY SAY THEY USE I FOUND IS DECEASD. CAN THEY DO WARRANT?

Asked about 1 year ago - Garland, TX

THEY THREATENED THAT YHIS ATTORNEY NAMED ROBERT DUKE OUT OF TEXAS WHO I FOUND AND WHO IS DECEASED IS THE ATTORNEY THAT WILL ISSUE A WARRANT IF I DONT PAY NOW. CAN THE DO THIS 7 YRS AFTER THIS TIME OR ARE THEY JERKING MY CHAIN?

1. Leroy Brenardo Scott

1

Answered . Many criminal prosecutions must be brought within 10 years for felonies and 2 years for misdemeanors. I do not know why a merchant would sit around for 7 years before deciding to pursue criminal charges against you. Also, writing a bad check is not always a crime.
    It is illegal for a debt collector to threaten you with criminal penalties if you did not commit a crime. If you are really concerned about this, you should call a lawyer to talk about your options.

2. Joshua Bradley Farmer

Pro

2

Answered . See an attorney that handles FDCPA claims. If they are threatening to take an action that cannot legally do, then it is likely a FDCPA violation.

3. Michael Glynn Busby Jr.

Pro

Answered . They are jerking your chain. Take the information as to their location and get their contact information. Find a debt collections attorney or consumer rights attorney and show them your evidence.