Can a bank take your house if you finance a car through them and later on are unable to make your car payments?

Asked over 5 years ago - Bandy, VA

The details are that I want to buy a car but need my mom to cosign. She owns her own house and is afraid that if I later am unable to make the payments that they will take her house.

1. Angelo Marino Jr.

Pro

Answered . The car loan is seperate from your mortgage loan; so a default on one is not a default on the other. Now, if you get a judgment against you on the car, a lien can be placed against your home. I do not practice in your state, but see my website under garnishment for some assistance. You should see a consumer lawyer in your area. For a consumer lawyer in your area, go to
    http://naca.networkats.com/members_online/membe...

Want to know the law? Sign up for our free newsletter on varies areas of the law by sending an email to amjrpamail@aol.com and requesting the newsletter, or go to www.ConsumerLawyerHelp.com.