Can a bank take ALL money out of my account without my consent?

Asked about 5 years ago - Saint Paul, MN

I was told to make a payment on my auto loan by the 31st of July. So, I went to the extreme and did an advance AND a loan so that I could make one payment as suggested. Today I checked my account and they took all of my funds except one dollar. Today is only the 30th! They did not even give me until the 31st. I don't even think that I'm 90 days behind. My auto loan is through Wells Fargo Auto and I bank with Wells Fargo. Now I can't even buy food for my children or buy gas to get to work. Can they really take all of the money that you have?

1. Errin Preston Stowell

Answered . Any creditor who has a judgment against you can "levy" against your bank account ... basically, the judgment is what allows the creditor to come after your assets (bank account, etc.) to fulfill the debt. There are ways to dodge creditors for a while, but it would probably be a better idea to try to get rid of the debt altogether. Have you considered a Chapter 7 bankruptcy? If not then you should find out if you are a good candidate.

Very best regards,
    Errin P. Stowell, Esq.
    Stowell Law Firm, LLC
    "We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for relief under the Bankruptcy Code."