Can a bank just take money out of your account without your permission?

Dunseith, ND |

Can a bank take money out of your account without your permission or even letting you know? Is that against the law? If so, what law?

i owed on a credit card through wells fargo, can they take money from my business checking account twithout my permission?

1. A bank cannot take money out of your account without your permssion. However, when people sign up for accounts, credit cards and other consumer financial products, there is lots of fine print that people rarely if ever read that may well have contained your agreement that they could do that.

There are some banks who often do that, if the customer has a credit card and an account with them, and then the credit card becomes delinquent. One that I hear about regularly from clients is Bank of America.

The credit card companies have become extremely agressive overall, on collections, on reducing credit limits, on closing accounts.