Can a Auto Repair shop sell my car and have me arrested?

Nashville, TN |

The auto shop towed my car back in Jan for clutch work, I asked them to take the time on the work and told them I did not have cash yet, they did the work anyways and on top of it did work i asked them NOT to do! I did not sign any paperwork autherizing work or repair. I was told the work would be about 1200 and now the bill is 3000. I can not pay this, and now he is telling me he will my car and having me arrested for not paying.

1. No they cannot have you arrested. I'm not licensed in TN, so I cannot tell you which particular agency to contact. However, your state should have a hotline at the State Attorney General's Office or some other consumer complaint agency. You need to file a complaint with them against the auto shop. In many states, a corporation can suffer legal consequences for threatening criminal prosecution to elicits funds like this.