Skip to main content

Can a agreed consent order that's one year old be changed at a pre trial conference? If we don't agree?

Orlando, FL |

We agreed and have a signed court consent order one year ago, he now wants more visitation, me to do more travel, and wants a new court order stating this. I do not agree at all, can he have it all changed since he agreed a year ago? What happens at pre trial conference? What is next step if he wants it changed?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. You should obtain an attorney. We offer free consultations.

    It is hard to understand what you have written. Was it a temporary consent order?

  2. A more in depth conversation with an attorney about the specifics of your case will benefit you, please feel free to contact my Orlando office at 407-377-6828 for a free consultation.

    You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation since every case is different and not all information is relayed in an online question. The Law Office of Ophelia Bernal-Mora, P.A. is a family & criminal law firm located in Orlando, Florida, we invite you to contact us and welcome your calls at 407-377-6828. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.

  3. I am assuming he petitioned for a modification, which he is allowed to do. He is held to a high standard to explain why such a change is in the child's best interest to something he agreed to a year ago. I think the next step after the pretrial conference will be mediation and a trial.

    The contents of this answer should be considered friendly advice, not legal advice and the answer should not be construed to constitute an attorney-client relationship. If you'd like actual legal advice, call me at 954-567-4100. Also, if you liked this answer did, be sure to click the thumbs-up button