Skip to main content

Can a adopted child file for his natural parent

Orlando, FL |

child was adopted by his grandmother and she filed for him to get a green card. now he is a US citizen

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3




Legally, the child's parent is the grandmother. The original parent may still be related to the child, but not as a parent.



J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer