Can a 5 point ticket be dismissed? Attorney selection advise please...

Cherry Hill, NJ |

I have a court date in the cherry hill court over the next few days for my 5 point tailgating ticket. When I consulted with Attorney A, he promised the case can be dismissed under certain favorable conditions else he can reduce to 0 point ticket. Attorney B says the case can never be dismissed and he can lower my points.

Which statement can be trusted?

1. Tailgating is a serious charge as you can tell from the 5 points associated with it. I do not handle the Cherry Hill area, but I would venture to say that in my experience it is extremely rare that a 5 point ticket is reduced to zero. It is certainly not something that I would offer as a likely result. Attorney number 2 sounds like he is giving you a prudent forecast.

Law Offices of James A. Abate Jabatelaw.com (732) 412-2364

2. Neither. Any attorney who promises any result should not be trusted. Only a thorough review of the paperwork and more facts about the incident are needed to fully evaluate the case.

The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney until we sign a retainer agreement.

3. Both or neither. A dismissal is less likely, 0 points is more possible. 2 points with an attorney is very likely.

4. An Attorney can never guarantee an outcome. It is not likely that it will be dismissed unless you can prove somehow that you were not tailgating. It is possible to get it reduced to a zero point ticket, but no Attorney can guarantee that.

The information presented at this web site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of an attorney-client relationship.

Traffic tickets topics