Can a 5 point ticket be dismissed? Attorney selection advise please...

Asked about 1 year ago - Cherry Hill, NJ

I have a court date in the cherry hill court over the next few days for my 5 point tailgating ticket. When I consulted with Attorney A, he promised the case can be dismissed under certain favorable conditions else he can reduce to 0 point ticket. Attorney B says the case can never be dismissed and he can lower my points.

Which statement can be trusted?

1. James Alexander Abate

Pro

6

Answered . Tailgating is a serious charge as you can tell from the 5 points associated with it. I do not handle the Cherry Hill area, but I would venture to say that in my experience it is extremely rare that a 5 point ticket is reduced to zero. It is certainly not something that I would offer as a likely result. Attorney number 2 sounds like he is giving you a prudent forecast.

Law Offices of James A. Abate Jabatelaw.com (732) 412-2364
  2. Matthew C Simon

Pro

4

Answered . Neither. Any attorney who promises any result should not be trusted. Only a thorough review of the paperwork and more facts about the incident are needed to fully evaluate the case.

3. Mark M Cheser

4

Answered . Both or neither. A dismissal is less likely, 0 points is more possible. 2 points with an attorney is very likely.

4. Ian Bloom

4

Answered . An Attorney can never guarantee an outcome. It is not likely that it will be dismissed unless you can prove somehow that you were not tailgating. It is possible to get it reduced to a zero point ticket, but no Attorney can guarantee that.

One or more answers have been taken down.