Can a 25 year old guy from abroad (UK) visit his 17 year old girlfriend in Florida. Will I get in trouble?

Asked over 3 years ago - Orlando, FL

We have met when she came for holidays in UK, here as far as I know is not illegal. Now I want to visit her in Florida, will I get in trouble if her parents find out. I know is very strict the laws in US. What is the best think to do?

1. 3

Answered . Sure you can visit. However, I think you are asking whether or not you can have sex with her while in Florida, and the answer is absolutely not. It is a second degree felony where you face up to 15 years in prison. Once she turns 18 then it is fully legal.

2. 1

Answered . It depends upon what happens at this "visit". I would check the age of consent under FLA. law to make sure there is not a statutory rape issue if the "visit" is more than just talking to each other.... In Tennessee solicitation of a minor or statutory rape is an immigration aggravated felony. That means deportation and mandatory detention.... Sorry for the "conservative" answer but you need to be careful.

3. Answered . What kind of trouble? There are no laws prohibiting visiting girlfriends or boyfriends in the US.

4. Answered . If your talking about sexual relations than the answer is you can get into serious trouble. The legal age of consent in Florida is 18.

5. Answered . A visit is fine. If what you mean by "visit" is a sexual contact then the local age of consent (in Florida 18) governs.