Skip to main content

Can a 23 year old burglary of a habitat with intent to commit theft be expunged in Texas?

San Antonio, TX |


+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Unfortunately, convictions cannot be expunged. You might try obtaining a pardon. You sounds like a good candidate for it. Go to the website for the board of pardons and paroles. All the forms you need are there. If you are granted a pardon, you can then obtain an expunction.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.


I agree with Ms. Jaggers. Current Texas expunction law does not allow for expunction of cases that resulted in conviction. However, pardoned cases generally are open to expunction. You may want to consult a lawyer who is familiar with the pardon process to assist you.

Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.


If the case was indicted and you received anything other than an acquittal then you can't have the case expunged.
Austin Jail Release and Bond Assistance

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website,


only if it was dismissed or you were found "not guilty".

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer