Can a 21 year old have sex with a 17 year old in new york

Buffalo, NY |

when someone turns 17 can they legally make the choice to have sex with someone in new york that is 21

1. Yes. And legally.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.

2. Yes--as long as its consensual.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

3. Yes but remember that 17 year old girls are very immature and they will have you arrested if you get them upset about anything. Their parents may not appreciate you using their daughter for your amusement and they can cause you problems as well. Be very careful dating a young girl as it can result in your arrest for a number of charges other than rape.