Can a 21 year old and 16 year old be in a relationship with parent consent.

Asked over 1 year ago - Myrtle Beach, SC

with a notorized letter from parents. In the state of south Carolina. I research the law but the way I see it they can.

1. John A. Jackson

2

Answered . I think you should read the below section of the South Carolina Code.

SECTION 16-15-342. Criminal solicitation of a minor; defenses; penalties.

(A) A person eighteen years of age or older commits the offense of criminal solicitation of a minor if he knowingly contacts or communicates with, or attempts to contact or communicate with, a person who is under the age of eighteen, or a person reasonably believed to be under the age of eighteen, for the purpose of or with the intent of persuading, inducing, enticing, or coercing the person to engage or participate in a sexual activity as defined in Section 16-15-375(5) or a violent crime as defined in Section 16-1-60, or with the intent to perform a sexual activity in the presence of the person under the age of eighteen, or person reasonably believed to be under the age of eighteen.

(B) Consent is a defense to a prosecution pursuant to this section if the person under the age of eighteen, or the person reasonably believed to be under the age of eighteen, is at least sixteen years old.

(C) Consent is not a defense to a prosecution pursuant to this section if the person under the age of eighteen, or the person reasonably believed to be under the age of eighteen, is under the age of sixteen.

(D) It is not a defense to a prosecution pursuant to this section, on the basis of consent or otherwise, that the person reasonably believed to be under the age of eighteen is a law enforcement agent or officer acting in an official capacity.

(E) A person who violates the provisions of this section is guilty of a felony and, upon conviction, must be fined not more than five thousand dollars or imprisoned for not more than ten years, or both.

HISTORY: 2004 Act No. 208, Section 4, eff April 26, 2004.

2. Stephen Fulton Shaw

Answered . You should sit down with a criminal defense attorney before you see this person again.