Can a 17 year old move out of their parents home in Florida

Asked almost 2 years ago - Steinhatchee, FL

I live in charleston and my daughter moved in with her dad in florida. They don't get along and she wants to live with her cousin and his wife. I say its fine because she is 17. Her dad doesn't want her in Steinhatchee. He wants her to move back with me, which I am also fine with. But she doesn't want to. He has already allowed her to quit school 2 years ago so I dont see the problem. I raised her for the first 15 years by myself. We never did custody, it's always been that they could live with which ever they wanted

1. Heather Morcroft

1

Best Answer

Answered . Has her dad ever had a court ordered determination of paternity or were you married? If not, then you are by law the natural guardian with residential custody and control, and you are the one who gets to make the decision unless he wants to go to court and get an order. Fla. Stat. 744.301(1)

2. Brent Allan Rose

Answered . It's up the parents. (But see Ms. Morcroft's answer.)