Can a 17 year old file The I-864 Affidavit of Support for her spouse and have her father the Joint Sponsor?

Asked about 1 year ago - Kenmare, ND

My 17 year old daughter, who will be 18 in September, is filing Family Forms for her spouse, who is in the US on a B-2 Visa, which was his status when they married in March. Can she file the I-864 as a spouse, and have her Father, file the I-864 as a joint sponsor? The question here is her age for filing the I-864, which states she must be 18 years old. If not, how does she file Affidavit of Support?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

Pro

2

Answered . Yes, why not?

2. Stephen D. Berman

Pro

Answered . While she does not meet the requirements for the form, USCIS has allowed this in the past.

3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . Yes