Can a 16yearold sue father for forcing to work at 2am

Albuquerque, NM |

Can a 16yearold sue his father for forcing to go to work and clean every morning at 2am before school, who doesn't have enough time for shower or able to get home in time and misses school or ATM falls asleep in every period, and can't seem to stay awake.

Generally no. But if you feel that you are being abused, there are organizations that can help.
Best of luck.

I am licensed in California, therefore, my answers are based on general prinicpals of law or California law, which may not be applicable in your jurisdiction. Answers posted to Avvo are for general information only. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. Every case depends is fact dependent, and responses are limited to and is based on the information you posted. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.

It doesn't sound like an appropriate home environment... Is there a teacher or counselor to whom you could talk about it? A family member?

Dad has an obligation to foster your education by getting you to school (not interfering with it).