Can a 16 year old smoke cigarettes and/or other types of tobacco in public in Washington State?

Asked over 5 years ago - Bellingham, WA

I've heard people say that when you turn 16, you have the legal right to smoke tobacco in public, but not buy it. But i've also heard that you have to be both 18 to smoke tobacco and buy it. I tried researching it but i couldn't find anything for the state of Washington. In fact, i couldn't find information on this for any other state.

1. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . Click this link for information in the State of Washington from your Department of Health.

http://www.doh.wa.gov/tobacco/youth/youth.htm

NOTE: This answer is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an atttorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.