Skip to main content

Can a 16 year old drink alcohol in his home only with consent of parents?

Bremerton, WA |
Filed under: Juvenile law

My son was charged with minor in consumption and he was at his house

Attorney Answers 1


I don't see how it is possible that he was charged in his home. If you mean he drank in your home, then left and was charged it is indeed possible if he still had alcohol in his system or smelled of alcohol or otherwise under its effects. If you are going to let your 16 year old drink at home you have to keep him there until all the effects are gone. Apparently you didn't.

Mark as helpful

Juvenile law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics