Can a 16 year old boy and a 20 year old "date" without parent consent in fl?

Cape Coral, FL |

If all we do is hold hands and kiss, but the parents said they allowed it and then changed there mind, can they get the 20 year old woman in trouble?

Yes, you can "date." Furthermore, should your conduct eventually progress beyond kissing, because your boyfriend is 16 and you are under 24, you cannot be convicted of sexual activity with a minor. And because he is 16, you cannot be convicted of lewd and lascivious molestation.

Legal disclaimer: The answers given are limited to the facts as given and presumed by the answer itself. Without seeing actual written documentation or having a conference to more fully explore the issues, this short answer has only limited application. Make sure to seek legal counsel and provide all documentation to get assistance in making informed legal choices.

2. Dating is rarely an issue, but sex is. The age of consent in Florida is 18, but there is a close in age exception that applies to children like yourself who are 16 or 17, and this extends to older partners who are 23 or less.

I can imagine that the parents do not approve! You should be focusing on doing well in school, avoiding older women who date children, and planning your future. Consider talking to a recruiter and see at what age you can join the Navy (after finishing high school.) You can see the world, grow up, and meet girls your own age.

Parental consent has nothing to do with it. Emancipation has nothing to do with it.

We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.

3. It is legal for a person who is between the age of twenty-three and sixteen (23 - 16) to have date or have sex with a person who is sixteen (16) or seventeen (17) years old.