Can a 13 yr be charged with simple assult of pushing someone into a pool and 15 yr old sustains knee injury with acl surgery nee

Asked over 1 year ago - Whiteville, NC

my daughter was entering a pool front facing and was pushed into a pool by a mutual friend who was horsing around. My daughter was not. She then had her knee caught in ladder and
suffered mcl total tear and partial acl tear. She went through a mri, visited ortho doctor and 30 physical therapy sessions. She now has to have acl surgery to repair. The lifeguard witnesseed the girl push my daughter in, her mom refuses to admit any blame and refused to pay medical costs involved. The pool was a public pool.

1. Lori Jeanne Costanzo

4

Answered . Instead of waisting time with a criminal action, hire a personal injury attorney to assist you in making a claim against their insurance carrier in order to seek compensation for your daughter's medical expenses along with the pain and suffering she has incurred.

2. Daniel Nelson Deasy

2

Answered . Yes, the juvenile can be accused of committing a delinquent act. Were the police notified?

3. James Regan

Pro

1

Answered . The child can be charged and the parents could possibly be sued. Your child could be eligible for victim compensation through the State.

Educational purposes answer. | FACDL.org | NACDL.org | Defendme.net | twitter.com/JReganLLM | Non-privileged answer.