Can a 13 yr be charged with simple assult of pushing someone into a pool and 15 yr old sustains knee injury with acl surgery nee

Whiteville, NC |

my daughter was entering a pool front facing and was pushed into a pool by a mutual friend who was horsing around. My daughter was not. She then had her knee caught in ladder and
suffered mcl total tear and partial acl tear. She went through a mri, visited ortho doctor and 30 physical therapy sessions. She now has to have acl surgery to repair. The lifeguard witnesseed the girl push my daughter in, her mom refuses to admit any blame and refused to pay medical costs involved. The pool was a public pool.

1. Yes, the juvenile can be accused of committing a delinquent act. Were the police notified?

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

2. Instead of waisting time with a criminal action, hire a personal injury attorney to assist you in making a claim against their insurance carrier in order to seek compensation for your daughter's medical expenses along with the pain and suffering she has incurred.

This is my opinion and should not be construed as legal advise for your specific case as there are many more facts which you have not provided.

3. The child can be charged and the parents could possibly be sued. Your child could be eligible for victim compensation through the State.

Educational purposes answer. | FACDL.org | NACDL.org | Defendme.net | twitter.com/JReganLLM | Non-privileged answer.