Can a 10 year old have an order of protection against him

Minneapolis, MN |
Filed under: Family law

we have custody of my son and step daughter and her mother is saying that my son threatened her and is going to get an order of protection against him. can she do that and does that mean she cant come back home

I don't believe the statute has an age requirement so I guess she can try it. If you're worried about him you can hire a lawyer on his behalf.

Disclaimer: This email message in no way creates an attorney client relationship between Majeski Law, LLC and the recipient. Responses are general in nature and do not constitute legal advice. You should consult a lawyer regarding any specific legal matter.

Yes, a 10 year old could have an OFP entered against them, although I'd be hard pressed to see a judge doing that. I'm not sure what you mean by, "does that mean she can't come back home" - who are you referring to there?

We can be reached at 507.334.0155 (Toll Free: 888.777.5009). Our web address is: www. corbin-law-office.com. Answers on Avvo are not to be considered a response to a specific legal issue in a specific jurisdiction - they are to be considered only general responses to hypothetical scenarios posed by the questioner. For specific legal advice, please consult with a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction. No information contained herein should be construed as a solicitation for business, an offer to perform legal services in any jurisdiction in which the attorneys of Corbin Law Office are not licensed, or the dissemination of legal advice. No creation of an attorney-client relationship should be assumed or implied. We are a debt relief agency. Corbin Law Office helps people file for bankruptcy relief under the bankruptcy code.