Can a spouse with TPS of a USC adjust status in the US under 245i with a prior final deportation order ?

San Francisco, CA |

The spouse had a final deportation order, but never left the US. Later she was granted TPS and later married a USC that filed a petition for her the last day of 245 i. Does the deportation order have still any adverse effect ? Can the TPS spouse adjust status in the US without any issue?

Yes it does. You really need a lawyer to help you.

I agree with my colleague.

You need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

I agree with my colleagues.

IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR for 10 years -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

Recommended articles about Immigration