Can a mother give her baby to a family of her choosing at its birth without having to go through the adoption process?

Asked about 2 years ago - Klondike, TX

There is no father involved. He knows but is willing to sign away his rights.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. M Elizabeth Foley

    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . No, that's not a legal possibility--a court has to be involved, one way or another, even if everything's 100% agreed. Also, at least from a legal standpoint, there very definitely is a father involved, and he's going to need to be included as a party to the adoption proceeding, regardless of how he views his impending fatherhood.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,047 answers this week

3,025 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,047 answers this week

3,025 attorneys answering