Can a "Laurea Triennale", (Italian Bachelor degree) in "interpreting and communication", be considered enough for an H1B VISA?

Asked about 1 year ago - New York, NY

in Italy its a 3 years course, can it be showed by an immigration lawyer that this degree its enough to request an H1-B VISA?
The sponsoring company has office all over the world and its based in Italy.

Let me know if you need more details

Additional information

The Candidate has 2 years of experience in the field

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It's probably going to equate to a 3-year college degree in the US. You would need 3-years of professional experience to get the 4th year that you need for an H-1B.

    Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: (English) (Spanish)

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration... more
  2. Stephen D. Berman

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Send it to a professional credentials evaluator to determine that. The job must require a bachelor's degree and many translation jobs do not require a bachelor's

    The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an... more
  3. Tripti Sharad Sharma


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . If the candidate has sufficient experience, it works.

    This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known.... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

US visas

There are many types of immigrant and non-immigrant visas, including work visas, student visas, and marriage visas.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,351 answers this week

3,386 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,351 answers this week

3,386 attorneys answering