Can a book with personal stories written by the American public and placed on the internet, meet product service requiremnt?

Asked about 1 year ago - Anchorage, AK

Product-service standards in almost all states are required when involving revenues collected from the public- ( enter illegal " pyramiding activities). Can a publication ( book) having collected stories from the American public and made available on the internet, meet product-service requirements-standards. his question surrounds an endeavor that wants to be legal in all aspects, thus the question posed to you. Thank you!

1. Maurice N Ross

Pro

3

Answered . This question makes no sense whatsoever. I have been practicing law for thirty years and I do not have a clue concerning what you call "product-service standards". There are no state or federal standards that govern the content of books, other than prohibitions against obscenity, copyright infringement, trademark infringement, defamation and violation of publicity rights. There is no reason why someone cannot publish stories collected from the public.+

2. Daniel Nathan Ballard

2

Answered . Like my colleague, I also have never heard the phrase "product-service standards." I think the plan is to compile a book consisting of "personal stories" written by a number of people and to then sell the book. The editor of that book must hire an intellectual property attorney to do many chores -- for example, drafting the agreements between the various authors and the company compiling the stories into a book, assisting with the publication agreement between that company and the companies printing, distributing and selling the book and assisting with all the copyright matters.

3. Sreenivasarao Vepachedu

1

Answered . Product-service requirements-standards apply to products and services, but not for publications. Product and service standards reflect a level of quality and safety. They serve the purpose of protecting the consumer and equally important, the manufacturer’s employees in the form of safety standards. These standards are an accepted factor in the United States, and with the formation of the International Standards Organization (ISO) and other international organizations have become commonplace internationally. Countries use their standards primarily as a means of blocking imports.

Publications probably may fall under freedom of speech, public decency, cultural sensitivity, religious blasphemy and sensor standards.