legal advice
for $99.

Avvo Instant
Talk to a lawyer

Can a " term of probation " that's signed by me and my probation officer become outdated ?

I have a copy of terms of probation that's signed by me and probation after I had been placed on probation. The money it states I owe says one amount and probation is telling me it's a different amount, my probation officer is stating that it's outdated. How can something be outdated when me and my probation officer signed it ? I never signed and agreed to anything else stating I must pay more then what my original terms of probation states.

Port Richey, FL -

Attorney Answers (3)

Evan Mitchell Kleiman

Evan Mitchell Kleiman

Criminal Defense Attorney - Hollywood, FL

Did you have a restitution hearing after being placed on probation? this might cause the amount you owe to change. Also the cost of supervision in your county may have changed. I would suggest that ask your probation officer what component of what you owe has changed. Once you find that out, I can better answer your question.

An attorney/client relationship is NOT established simply by virtue of The Law Offices of Evan M. Kleiman, P.A.... more
William David Umansky

William David Umansky

Criminal Defense Attorney - Orlando, FL

I agree with my colleague. If the probation officer's answer is not satisfactory, then you might file a motion for clarification. A lawyer can assist you in that regard. It beats a violation of probation for what could be a misunderstanding or a mistake.

Please be advised that answering your questions does not establish an attorney-client relationship with myself or... more
Jonathan Hackworth

Jonathan Hackworth

Criminal Defense Attorney - Tampa, FL

I agree with my colleagues. It is possible this new amount includes costs incurred during probation like costs of supervision. Our office offers free case consultations. Good luck.

This answer does not, nor is it intended to, create an attorney-client relationship or constitute attorney... more

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.