Can a " term of probation " that's signed by me and my probation officer become outdated ?

Port Richey, FL |

I have a copy of terms of probation that's signed by me and probation after I had been placed on probation. The money it states I owe says one amount and probation is telling me it's a different amount, my probation officer is stating that it's outdated. How can something be outdated when me and my probation officer signed it ? I never signed and agreed to anything else stating I must pay more then what my original terms of probation states.

The probation officer I have now is not the same one I had after being placed on probation.

Did you have a restitution hearing after being placed on probation? this might cause the amount you owe to change. Also the cost of supervision in your county may have changed. I would suggest that ask your probation officer what component of what you owe has changed. Once you find that out, I can better answer your question.

An attorney/client relationship is NOT established simply by virtue of The Law Offices of Evan M. Kleiman, P.A. answering any questions herein. Such a relationship will only be established by a formal agreement between the parties.

All restitution is paid. I never received any other paperwork stating anything went up. A matter of fact only 2 months after being placed on probation I received everything of how much I owe, it was more then what I and probation signed and agreed upon. Now my probation officer is saying it's outdated other people I spoke to says it have to stand because that's what we signed it's like a contract. Other people who's on probation have the same piece of paper but there's say owe more then what mine says.

my probation fee is still the same at $30.00 per month other people has to pay more a month then I do. It's for electronic monitoring that suppose to be $1.00 per day and even my court paperwork states not to exceed the full amount.

Evan Mitchell Kleiman

Evan Mitchell Kleiman

I would definitely set a motion to bring it before the judge. be proactive to avoid a violation

I agree with my colleague. If the probation officer's answer is not satisfactory, then you might file a motion for clarification. A lawyer can assist you in that regard. It beats a violation of probation for what could be a misunderstanding or a mistake.

Please be advised that answering your questions does not establish an attorney-client relationship with myself or my firm. We would be more than happy to set up a free consultation if you call us at 407-588-6714 and specifically mention AVVO or email me at bill@thelawman.net and put AVVO in the subject line.

I agree with my colleagues. It is possible this new amount includes costs incurred during probation like costs of supervision. Our office offers free case consultations. Good luck.

This answer does not, nor is it intended to, create an attorney-client relationship or constitute attorney advertising. Rather, it is offered solely for informational purposes. The facts of each case are different and unique, it is critical to consult with qualified counsel with whom information can be shared and assessed under attorney-client privilege, so that competent and quality advice can be obtained on which you can make informed decisions