Can 9yr.old daughter be interrogated by several armed sheriffs and principal in locked room at school alone?

Santa Cruz, CA |

she has been bullied by principal [name omitted] several other times in recenct past.this time she and sheriffs terrorized her.she/we need help

It is not unlawful for a law enforcement official to ask a child questions without first locating and causing the presence of the parent. In many circumstances, this will be fully responsible and professional conduct. And such conduct is not made unlawful by the presence of the school principal -- just the opposite. Moreover, it is doubtful that the room was locked, most likely the door was closed and that is not per se inappropriate. In all events, that element is not likely to be a determinative one as to the legal issues here.

Now, you have left out ALL the details about the "terrorizing" and the "bullying," so there is nothing of use that can be offered on those issues. Clearly the facts and circumstances of how your daughter was treated during this questioning are critical. For example, if she was beaten into unconsciousness, there is a serious legal problem. But in the absence of any of the facts that underlie your accusations, no one here can tell you anything reliable. You can re-post or you may want to consult with a local civil rights attorney.

No legal advice here. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. My law firm does not provide free consultations. Please do not call or write to me with a “few questions” that require me to analyze the specific facts of your history and your license application and prescribe for you how to get a State license. Send me an email to schedule a paid Consultation for that kind of information, direction, and assistance. My law firm presently accepts cases involving State and federal licenses and permits; discipline against State and federal licenses; and disciplinary and academic challenges to universities, colleges, boarding schools, and private schools. We take cases of wrongful termination or employment discrimination only if the claims involve peace officers, universities or colleges.