Can 2 registered sex offenders one on parole, the other no longer on parole who are engaged live together and get married?

Asked over 1 year ago - Scarsdale, NY

I am a 47 year old male registered sex offender, level 3. I have a hearing in Feb and and reasonably confident that my level will be lowered to a level 2. My fiance, also a male and a sex offender is being releaded from prison in March. Our crimes are very different, his was with an underage female, mine an underage male. He was previously married to a female but is now legally divorced. He has a history of substance abuse but has been clean for almost 2 years. I am studying to be a chemical dependency counselor. Can parole keep us from living together, having contact or even getting married since we are both convicted felons and sex offenders and if so are there any legal avenues we can follow to overcome this and get married in June as we wish to?

1. Joseph A Lo Piccolo

1

Answered . It is not going to be as parole has a lot of lattitude in what they do.
    I suggest hiring a parole specialist to assist.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

2. Thomas Anthony Schaeffer

2

Answered . What are the terms of his parole? If you aren't already violating it by associating, then I'd suggest that the terms do not prohibit marriage..

3. Michael J Palumbo

Pro

Answered . (1) Your crimes are not different the sex of the victim is irrelevant
    (2) Your query is very difficult and technical in nature and cannot be accurately answered in this forum. You need to retain counsel that specializes in sex offenses and the sex offender statuses and parole laws. Best of luck.