Can 2 people be listed on a durable power of attorney?

Asked about 5 years ago - Decatur, TX

My mother has been ill and in a nursing facility. My father died 4 weeks ago.

1. Robert John Murillo

Answered . You normally can have two people acting as the agents under a power of attorney. This situation is not normally advised and if there are two agents then there should be a mechanism to determine decisions and authority by the agents.

If your mother is ill there may be capacity issues that must be determined and you really should speak with an attorney regarding your issue. Contact people you know and trust for referrals. If you have no referrals, contact your local bar association for their referral program. Good luck.

DISCLAIMER—This answer is for informational purposes only and discusses general legal principles, trends, and considerations and is not intended as specific legal advice regarding your question. This answer does not establish an attorney client relationship. For legal advice, you should retain legal counsel regarding your specific circumstances.