Can 2 duis in 2012 in ohio be concealed from ohio board of nursing upon license renewal

Asked almost 2 years ago - Wilmington, OH

I have 2 duis in 2012 in ohio; no one except me was injured; 1st .08. 2nd .24 I had broken neck; can I conceal my guilty plea from ohio board of nursing upon renewal?

1. Christopher Lee Beck

Pro

4

Answered . No. I believe the application asks if you have any criminal convictions. You must disclose the OVI in the renewal application if that is the case. If it only asks for felony convictions you are okay with not disclosing but if I remember correctly it asks for all convictions. There are some good attorneys who practice in front of the nursing board. I suggest contacting one of them. Good luck.

www.becklawofficellc.com
    Ohio Criminal Defense

2. Dennis Armand DiMartino

Pro

2

Answered . The short answer, unfortunately, is NO, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO HIDE THESE CONVICTIONS FROM A LICENSING BOARD. Although I have not seen the official application to renew nursing license in some time, I am fairly certain that it is specific about arrests and convictions. Naturally, if you try to hide it, you are engaging in another form of bad conduct - lying or cheating. So if you tell the truth, which you must do, you will be denied. If you lie, you will be denied when they find out.

I would strongly suggest that you contact the Board and try to get admitted to The Alternative Program instead. They help nurses who have chemical dependency issues, and you might qualify for that. Doing it that way just might help save your license, which would save your career and maybe even your life. I am not trying to be judgmental, just give you another idea.

I wish you the best of luck in your situation and future.

Atty. Dennis A. DiMartino
    1032 Boardman-Canfield Road, Suite 103
    Youngstown, Ohio 44512-4238
    330.629.9030 Ext. 6 Phone
    330.629.9036 FAX
    Dennis.DiMartino@gmail.com

3. Neil Scott Rubin

2

Answered . The Ohio Board of Nursing requirements are clear. You must disclose these alcohol-related convictions. Lack of injury is not relevent. Further, these are serious problems. You have a definite possibility of losing your license. There are some experienced lawyers in Columbus who can represent you. You need to hire one quickly so this person can begin work ASAP.