Can 1 thing be filed in bankruptcy? A civil judgement.

Asked over 1 year ago - Saginaw, MI

Nothing else is wanted to be filed.

1. Robert E. Lee Wright

1

Answered . Assuming you are asking about filing bankruptcy for yourself and not asking about filing a judgment AGAINST someone else who is in bankruptcy, I agree with Attorneys Berkus and Gruber. All assets and all creditors must be disclosed ("included") under penalty of perjury and most debts are discharged unless they fall within an exception. However, you are free to repay your creditors even though their debts are discharged. You should consult a bankruptcy attorney in your area to get advice based on the specifics of your situation.

2. Matthew Scott Berkus

1

Answered . No

Bankruptcy is a full financial disclosure, you are required to provide all the information requested (e.g. ALL creditors, ALL assets etc).

3. Diane L Gruber

Pro

1

Answered . Nope! You MUST list all creditors and contingent creditors and even disputed creditors. Also, you must list ALL assets regardless of what they are. For example if someone OWES you money, you must list that as an asset. Invest in a consultation with a BK attorney. Good luck.