Can the person who stole my check be tracked?

Asked 11 months ago - Jena, LA

A personal check was stolen from me and used at walmart. Walmart uses telecheck and gives the check back. Is it possible to find the person that did it? What do I do next?

1. Robert Miller

1

Answered . We hope you changed your account. There is probably little purpose for you to "find" the person who did it, obviously a crook, and what would you do? Just give the information you have to the local law enforcement authorities and it is then up to them what they would do.
    **************************************************************************************
    Disclaimer: California attorney Robert Miller has practiced for over 45 years and restricts his practice to real estate and probate matters in the Central District of Los Angeles. Any opinion expressed is for general informational purposes only, no attorney-client relationship is intended or created by this answer, and no action or inaction should be contemplated without first employing and consulting with a competent attorney convenient to the questioner.

2. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.

Pro

Answered . Report to the police for investigation.
    Also discuss with bank-was it a forged signature?