Can out- of-state criminal charges be seen in new jersey State Criminal Records?

East Orange, NJ |

i had a dismissed charge in Massachusetts state (there they can only see MA offense on my record) and i am currently in a probational program in the state of Connecticut for reckless driving ( which is a crime in Connecticut). After my online research i read that a New Jersey state background check will contain any offense of the NJ state law. Now that my school is running a state background check i am worried that they might be able to see that i have been arrested in MA and CT, and that i am on probation in CT. Please let me know what will appear on a State criminal record of NJ and a national criminal record?

A normal check will just do Nj CCH and the out of states do not show. But many background checks look at more that NJ CCH.

It depends how they run the background check. Some show out of state information and some don't.

That is very possible.

Attorney answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. There are always specific facts that are important for an attorney to review before providing advice to a Client. In no way should you rely on the response provided herein to conduct your legal affairs on your own. You should always hire an attorney before you rely on advice provided.

Christopher J Basner

Christopher J Basner

Consider contacting an attorney licensed in MA and CT to see whether the charges may be expunged.

State, local, and municipal law topics