Skip to main content

Can immigration ICE officer arrest someone who violates law and can be deported for the crime,or does cop have to arrest first?

Denver, CO |

I have found out that the crimes committed by soon to be ex, we are still married, has committed turpitude crimes that can get him deported or called removed now. He has more than one turpitude crime,and at different times, so I was told by ICE he can be removed for the crimes.I am unsure if a police in a town has to arrest for the violation of DV restraining order,parental kidnapping over state lines,child endangerment; and then ICE picks up?My problem is I cannot get the local police to arrest him as they work with him and refuse to enforce the DVRO and out of state orders stating he kidnapped children under UCAPA;both good in 50 states but they will not enforce.Can I ask ICE to pick him up and also pick up the children?If they pick up and keep he can be gone in 60 days,if released 2 year

He is legal with 10 year permanent resident, not a citizen. Also how can I get the Domesticc Violence restraining Order enforced as the chidren are protected on it as well from him. Can't go to the local jusge found out as well as he is CLOSE friend and stated will not give any orders against his friend,DA is his friend. This is small rural area in COlorado and no one abides by the laws apparently. Can I complain to someone about police coruption? Need to do soon, live in different state, I have custody in different state.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 8


ICE agents can and normally do arrest first. They normally can pick the person up and put a no bond hold on them.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in his legal services, feel free to call Chris at (303) 409-7635 at his law office in the Denver Tech Center. All initial consultations are free of charge.


ICE agents have arrest authority.


ICE and CBP agents have the authority to apprehend and arrest, even when off duty, in a shopping mall on a weekend or wherever, whenever.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.



NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


Well if he is that bad you can always contact ICE and tell them why he is deportable. However without more information about him there is no guarantee they will deport him.


LORIC Immigration Solutions

Rodrigo Ivan Canido
Managing Attorney

3333 Bowers Ave, Suite 130
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Tel: 650-279-5933

The response given is general in nature and does not create an attorney / client relationship. The answer given may also not account for other facts unknown to the attorney. For a more detailed evaluation you should consult with a licensed immigration attorney.


They can arrest

John Lassen 1-877-252-4630


ICE can arrest and many felonies and misdemeanors may cause deportation. Please consult with an attorney pronto.



Educational purposes answer. | | | | | Non-privileged answer.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer