Can I get aorder from court to stop someone from seeing my wife or having contact with her

Asked almost 2 years ago - Oregon, OH

my wife and this man are seeing each other on aregular bases while my dsughter is at home alone atleast two tothree times a week

1. Deborah Zaccaro Hoffman

2

Answered . Unless he has been violent with your wife or daughter, or threatened to, this isn't a domestic violence question.

For informational purposes only; not intended to, and does not, constitute legal advice or a legal opinion.
  2. Michael Lawrence Doyle

Pro

3

Answered . I agree with Ms. Hoffman's statement. I would add, that unless she is so young that it would be dangerous to have her home alone, the court will view this as unhappiness with her new relationship as opposed to a serious concern.

3. Jay Bodzin

Answered . No.

if you want to divorce your wife, you could get a child custody judgment, and, in theory, this could prohibit your wife from bringing this person around your daughter. You'd have to demonstrate why this person was a present threat of harm to your daughter. Mere suspicion wouldn't cut it - you'd need proof of some sort that the person was dangerous to her.

But under no circumstances can you restrict who your wife can associate with, ever. The mere question is indicative of an abusive relationship. If you ever mean to get anywhere in the legal system, you must never indicate that you even thought such a thing.

Please read the following notice: