Skip to main content

Can I get aorder from court to stop someone from seeing my wife or having contact with her

Oregon, OH |

my wife and this man are seeing each other on aregular bases while my dsughter is at home alone atleast two tothree times a week

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Unless he has been violent with your wife or daughter, or threatened to, this isn't a domestic violence question.

For informational purposes only; not intended to, and does not, constitute legal advice or a legal opinion.

Deborah Zaccaro Hoffman

Deborah Zaccaro Hoffman


You could however open a divorce case and ask for a parenting schedule and that a sitter will be provided if neither your wife or you are available to stay with your daughter, depending on her age.



she is 15


I agree with Ms. Hoffman's statement. I would add, that unless she is so young that it would be dangerous to have her home alone, the court will view this as unhappiness with her new relationship as opposed to a serious concern.



if you want to divorce your wife, you could get a child custody judgment, and, in theory, this could prohibit your wife from bringing this person around your daughter. You'd have to demonstrate why this person was a present threat of harm to your daughter. Mere suspicion wouldn't cut it - you'd need proof of some sort that the person was dangerous to her.

But under no circumstances can you restrict who your wife can associate with, ever. The mere question is indicative of an abusive relationship. If you ever mean to get anywhere in the legal system, you must never indicate that you even thought such a thing.

Please read the following notice: <br> <br> Jay Bodzin is licensed to practice law in the State of Oregon and the Federal District of Oregon, and cannot give advice about the laws of other jurisdictions. All comments on this site are intended for informational purposes only, and do not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. Each case is unique. You are advised to have counsel at all stages of any legal proceeding, and to speak with your own lawyer in private to get advice about your specific situation. <br> <br> Jay Bodzin, Northwest Law Office, 2075 SW First Avenue, Suite 2J, Portland, OR 97201 | Telephone: 503-227-0965 | Facsimile: 503-345-0926 | Email: | Online:

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer